Azure Functions Fundamentals Updated for Version 2
Back in January 2017 I released my Azure Functions Fundamentals Pluralsight Course. But of course a lot has happened in the world of Azure Functions in the last two years, and so I'm pleased to announce that I have just released a completely updated version of my course that covers Azure Functions v2.
It is a complete re-record of the entire course, and is now just over three and a half hours long. Some of the new things that I've been able to include this time round are:
- Class library (pre-compiled) functions as the preferred way to create C# functions
- Azure Functions Core Tools
- "Run from package" deployment mechanism
- Azure Functions Proxies
- System Assigned Managed Identities
- Key Vault References
- Durable Functions
- Running Function Apps in Docker containers
- Managing Function Apps with the Azure CLI
- Application Insights integration
- Integration with API management
- Azure Functions Premium Plan
I've also put the demo code from the course up on GitHub, allowing me to keep it updated to reflect the latest changes to Azure Functions.
Azure Functions remains one my favourite Azure services. It's great to see just how far it's come in the past two years, and the amazing team behind Azure Functions is continuing to improve it with all kinds of new capabilities, so I'm sure that it won't be too long before another round of updates to my course are required.
Anyway I hope you enjoy the updated course!
Fantastic, loved your original course and will definitely be checking the updates.Colin Rippey
thanks for the kind words Colin, glad you enjoyed it and hope the update is helpfulMark Heath